Basic Pharmacology & Drug Nutrient Interactions
Presenters: Debbie Grayson
Course Date: 19. Nov 2017 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
The aim of this unique one-day workshop is to understand more about which supplements are safe to use with prescribed medication and how drugs interact with the body.
This course is recognised by the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT) and provides 7 hours CPD towards therapists’ annual accreditation and certification is provided.
The course will give practitioners practical examples of interactions between common pharmaceutical drugs and supplements.
By the end of the session, practitioners will:
- Understand how drugs are distributed around the body and how drugs exert their effect;
- Know which resources are best for finding this information;
- Know which resources are available for checking drug/nutrient interactions;
- Understand how to assess the relevance of an interaction;
- Know which actions to take when using supplements that interact with medication;
- Gain confidence in making safe decisions about when supplements can be used and how to proceed if there is a potential interaction problem.
For pricing and to book this course please click here.